Saturday, April 28, 2012

Energy Balls

Searched the web a little for energy ball ideas, then just used what we had on hand.
Here is what we came up with:

1 cup nut butters (a combination of peanut, cashew and almond; had three jars all almost empty to use)
1 cup local raw honey
3 cups rolled grain mix (like rolled oats but with wheat, spelt, oats, rye, and barley; my mother bought this at some Amish stand she drove past)
1 cup raisins and walnuts combined (more raisins since it was already nut heavy)
Mixed all together, formed balls then rolled in
wheat germ
flax meal

I let each boy roll a few on their own plate.  The rest I rolled and they are now chilling in the freezer.  I am freezing in hopes of being able to pack up a few in the morning and that they would be thawed by time to snack.  Wish I had some unsweetened coconut to roll in as well, but I just used it all in waffles a few days ago.  The boys loved the activity and the snack.  Very easy and adaptable to what you have in the pantry and fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment